Conventional Machinist Miller and Turner
Conventional Machinist Miller and Turner In Manchester
We have an excellent opportunity for 2 experienced Conventional Manual Miller and Turners to join a University. With great working conditions, excellent and modern facilities, excellent rates of pay, above average holiday entitlements + pension, this is a rare and brilliant opportunity. This will initially be a temporary on-going contract. As with any temporary on-going contract, the job could end at anytime due to quiet periods.
During these quiet periods, the University will do everything they can to keep hold of you, and in most cases, they are able to find other engineering roles within the University.
• The post primarily involves machining and fitting of components using conventional machine tools and techniques, to the required high standard of precision specified.
• Most of the work is "one-off" not batch work.
• To work closely with undergraduate/postgraduate students to support them in conducting experimental work in the area of machining.
• To use, appropriately, the necessary technologies, e.g. conventional machine tools and equipment, to deliver the constructions required to the standard of precision specified by the ‘customer’ and to exercise judgement in what methods will most effectively achieve this
• To personally adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures in all working areas and to take responsibility for others, working either as students or junior staff, also to advise others in the area of their individual responsibilities and to report any concerns to an appropriate person
• To liaise with customers of the workshops and laboratories including academic staff, researchers, undergraduate students, postgraduate students and other technical staff.
• To work effectively to utilise the resources available to ensure operational and cost efficiency
• To undertake training in all aspects of the work and take responsibility for keeping up-to-date in the technical skills required for the post
• To be flexible in undertaking such other related work as required by the needs of the School, which may or may not be located in the area where the incumbent normally works, that may be reasonably associated with the normal level of duties and responsibilities of the post
• To be familiar with the University’s Equality and Diversity policies and to actively support these
Please phone and email a CV. Details on the right of screen.